The Bullies to Buddies mission is to increase harmony in the school, home, workplace and society at large. It is dedicated to promoting the practical application of the Golden Rule, the most effective and inexpensive way to replace hostility with harmony.
Expected Outcomes for the School
- Substantial reduction in staff time spent dealing with discipline and bullying issues and more time teaching academics
- Improved cooperation and communication between staff, parents and students
- Growth in academic achievement
- Growth in children’s resilience, independence, emotional maturity, happiness and popularity
- Increased appreciation for the school
How Bullies to Buddies Achieves These Results
Bullies to Buddies teaches how to understand the Golden Rule as a scientific, psychological formula and how to apply it in real life.
Bullies to Buddies provides materials and trainings to students, school staff, mental health professionals and parents. Because the lessons are simple yet counterintuitive, and taught largely via entertaining role-plays, they enable people to quickly understand their mistakes and how to rectify them. Rather than teaching students that they need to rely on others to protect them from each other, Bullies to Buddies teaches them how to solve their social problems on their own.
We offer trainings for:
- School staff
- Mental Health Professionals
We also offer: 1) individual intensive training for school-based mental health professionals (counselors, social workers, psychologists) to become Certified Bullies to Buddies Trainers; and 2) consultation for school administrators
What staff learns:
- To understand the dynamics of bullying
- How the typical adult interventions in student’s bullying incidents unwittingly result in an escalation of the bullying problem
- How to apply “magic responses” to students’ bullying complaints that:
- Quickly de-escalate hostilities
- Allow teachers to spend more time on academics
- Enable students to develop resilience and emotional maturity
- How to quickly turn hostile students into respectful ones
- How to cope with angry parents or colleagues
As a result, teachers’ and administrators’ job satisfaction increases. They can spend more time on academics instead of playing bully police. They are liked and respected more by students, colleagues and parents. Many teachers even find their home lives improve as they apply the same principles with their family members.
What students learn:
- The “optical illusion” that causes bullying
- How to use the Golden Rule to stop being bullied without anyone’s help, including dealing with:
- Verbal attacks
- Physical aggression and threats
- Social exclusion
- How to get along better with their parents, teachers and siblings
- Techniques that will unleash their sense of humor and make them more popular with their peers
As a result, kids grow in happiness, resilience, independence and emotional maturity.
What parents learn:
- The dynamics of bullying and how to help their kids deal with it on their own
- How to help their own kids at home get along better with each other
- How to get more respect and cooperation from their children
Parents become happier as their children’s social problems disappear and their home lives improve. Their appreciation for the school grows.
We offer a few low-cost options for school training (prices do not include expenses such as travel, lodging, etc.) To make the training affordable for schools, as well as to make sure they have the materials needed for continued implementation and success, the prices will cover materials, and the trainings (with the exception of the Certified Bullies to Buddies Training and administrator consultations) will be provided at no extra cost.