Fortunately, there is. We would like to introduce you to the Bullies to Buddies Victim-Proof Your School program. It works because it is based on the universal wisdom of the Golden Rule and well-established principles that are taught by every major school of psychology. It is a truly democratic system because it promotes Freedom of Speech, the cornerstone of democracy.
Because it is simple and effective, it saves your school time and money. Teachers can spend their time teaching academics instead of spending time (and time=money!) patrolling school grounds and investigating, judging, punishing and reporting bullying incidents. School mental health professionals become more effective, so many more children are able to be helped without any additional salary expenditures. And it fulfills the purpose of school, which is to educate children to deal with the challenges of life.
The Popular Bullying Prevention Programs
The world’s most popular anti-bullying program is the Olweus Bullying Prevention Program, and most other programs are generic versions of the Olweus program. Anti-bullying activists have lobbied for laws that require schools to adopt anti-bullying programs that follow the Olweus model. This model treats schools like correctional facilities in which no negative behavior will be tolerated. School staff are required to diligently monitor every inch of school grounds at all times to prevent any students from doing anything that can upset another child, and to treat alleged bullies like criminals–investigating, interrogating, judging and punishing them. Students are required to inform the authorities on each other whenever a rule is violated. This is an extremely labor-intensive approach that takes a great deal of time away from academic activities. Most importantly, the research shows that this approach rarely produces a reduction in bullying and often causes an increase in hostilities. It may make the victim and their parents happy in the short run when the school punishes their bullies. But they are rarely happy in the long run because the problem usually does not get solved and often gets worse. The parents of the alleged victims and bullies also get involved taking their own children’s side, so the bullying incidents evolve into intense feuds between families, with the school administration needing to play judge. Also, in their eagerness to have bullies punished, parents don’t realize that their own children are as likely to be determined by the school to be bullies as victims. Furthermore, the Olweus-inspired programs weaken children emotionally by teaching them that they are not capable of solving their problems by themselves, but need to rely on everyone else around them for protection.
At Bullies to Buddies, we believe schools should be educational institutions rather than correctional facilities. We believe the job of school is not to protect children from the hardships of life but to teach them how to handle those hardships. Bullying goes on not only in school but throughout life, and kids deserve to be taught how to deal with it. The solution to bullying is not punishment but education. It is effortless to stop being bullied. Kids just need to be taught how to do it.
This is what the Bullies to Buddies™ Golden Rule System can do for your school
- Eliminate the ineffective bullying interventions that unintentionally cause bullying to escalate
- Teach staff simple “magic responses” that result in a quick and dramatic decrease in aggression and to heightened resilience of students
- Teach them how to apply the Golden Rule to get more cooperation and respect from students
- Teach them how to get along better with other staff members and parents
- Teach them how to use the new approach to quickly and easily end sibling rivalry between their own children at home
- Teach them how to get more respect and cooperation from their children at home
- Teach them how to apply the principles of the Golden Rule and Freedom of Speech to defeat bullies and even turn them into friends
- Instruct them how to handle teasing, hitting, rumors, social exclusion, cyberbullying, and other types of bullying problems
- Instruct them how stop their siblings from harassing them at home while gaining increased respect from parents
- Provide them with counselors who actually are able to teach them how to solve their problems
- Multiply their value by training them in Izzy Kalman’s unique methods for teaching people how to quickly and easily solve their problems
- Train them to present classroom lessons on Bullies to Buddies principles to eliminate aggression (regular teachers who are interested can also be trained to provide these lessons to classes)
For Principals and Administrators
- Provide them with a system for dealing with bullying that is rational, ethical–and truly works
- Relieve them of the frustration of functioning like wardens in correctional facilities
- Reduce the chances that they will have to be defendants in bullying lawsuits
- Earn them the appreciation of parents for creating a close-to-Utopian school environment
- Earn them the appreciation of their staff for improving their work environment
- Earn them the gratitude of their community for raising the academic level of their school
Call (866) 983-1333 to discuss fees and expenses for a live training.
We also have a packaged Victim-Proof Your School DVD and Tranier’s Manual set that you can use to implement our program in your school without the expense of bringing a professional. Purchase now!
Certified Bullies to Buddies Trainer Program
You may also wish to have a counselor or other mental health professional at your school become an expert in using Bullies to Buddies methods so that any problem that arises can be handled quicly and effectively by your own staff. Learn more about this program here.